We are looking for a volunteer intern to assist us with the following:
- current events and issues pertaining to Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee wildlife, wildlife state regulations, and wildlife veterinary medicine policies
- current happenings and issues pertaining to Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee wildlife rehabbers and rehab centers via social media and other methods
- any events, organizations, or issues that directly impact Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee wildlife rehabbers and rehab centers
- Promote our Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee network of wildlife rehabbers, veterinary staffs, and volunteer transporters by assisting with recruitment and open communication including but not limited to:
- contacting local businesses, organizations, and individuals in the respective wildlife rehabber’s community
- surveying pertinent parties via social media polls or cold canvassing
- Promote any ongoing Alabama, Georgia, and Tennessee wildlife rehabber or WREN related fundraisers
- Assist us with drafting educational material regarding humane wildlife-human conflict resolution, reuniting and renesting techniques, methods for harmoniously coexisting with wildlife
We prefer college students that need experience with communications and marketing, public relations, nonprofit development, or research. Our dates are very flexible, and we will work with your school schedule even regarding how many months you can commit. We are looking for highly motivated individuals that can donate six to ten hours a week to help further our cause. If class credit or the like can be achieved, we will work with your school however we can to make sure you get the most out of this experience. Experience with social media, infographics, MS and Google Excel, and cold canvassing is preferred but not necessary.
The internship is a volunteer and virtual position. Please submit your resume to email@example.com.